Tuesday, January 7, 2014

happy 2014!


I decided to take a bit of a break from the blog for the holidays so that I could travel without worry, celebrate without a to-do list, and spend lots of time with the people I love.  And that I did!   Now, we're finally back in Michigan, getting settled at home, and enjoying the frigid temps and piles and piles of snow.  And I just turned my computer on for the first time since we've been home, oh, just about two hours ago.

The break gave me time to reflect on my year of blogging.  It was just a year ago, about this time, that I decided to make the resolution to blog consistently for the remainder of the year.  At times, the task was challenging - when life removed me from the comforts and conveniences of my own home, when I was sick, or worse, Ella was sick, when we traveled, or just got busy as often was the case.  At first, I let the little hiccups really bother me - I was afraid that by missing a day at first, and then two days, or an entire week, would mean that I had failed to accomplish my resolution.  But each time, I re-grouped, found something to write about that truly reflected my life at that moment, and I pressed on.  I gave myself a break.  I'm not sure I've ever really, consciously, done that for myself - just gave myself a break.  It took effort and being truly present and aware of the little voices in my head, but I did it.  And I learned so much, about myself and about setting goals, in the process.  That was definitely the best gift of 2013!

So, as we head into 2014, I am determined to continue what I've started here, whatever that is.  And because I know that change is a coming this year in a big way for our little family, I resolve to let it happen with gratitude, patience, and awareness that change is really what life is all about.

Happy 2014 friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...