Monday, May 6, 2013

this weekend: striving for balance


As the weather continues to warm and we move more and more of our life outside, my ability to set aside time for blogging has become exceedingly difficult.  I find myself hoping for a rainy day just so I can sit in my workroom and not feel guilty that  I am wasting the warmth and beauty of a beautiful spring day, especially after such a long, frigid winter.  I suppose this is what I used to feel when I worked full-time and didn't have the option to ignore work and head outside (unless of course I was lucky enough to have scheduled a site visit that day).

And I look ahead to the weeks and months to come . . . my shoulders droop and I begin to slouch into my chair, realizing all of the things I need/will need to do that, up until now, I have conveniently neglected to add to my to-do list.  The biggest task, of which, will be moving and settling our little family in Cleveland for my husband's summer job that begins in exactly two weeks.

I love blogging (and all of the opportunities it has opened up for me) and it's been so good for my spirit.  But trying to find a good balance between blogging, freelance design projects, raising our daughter, being a wife, maintaining a home, and enjoying all of my other hobbies is an ongoing challenge.  With all of these things to do, it doesn't take much to throw me off kilter these days.

Striving for balance is difficult, in and of itself, but just as my daughter changes and grows day to day, so too does our life as family, and it can completely throw whatever schedule or routine or semblance of achieved balance into a complete spiral.  New challenges and opportunities pop up and what would life be for if not for embracing these events and finding the best (and most fun) ways to navigate into and through them.

So, it's time to reevaluate and perhaps, set a more realistic goal for this blog for the summertime so that 1) I don't become discouraged and stop writing altogether, and 2) so that I can take full advantage of this summer with my family in a new place.  Daily posts are probably not going to happen, but I'm going to strive to document this little summer adventure as best I can and will continue posting on some of the design work I've already begun and projects currently in progress.  I hope you'll stick with me for what I am sure will be a great summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...