Tuesday, January 14, 2014

this weekend: next weekend

This weekend I spent a lot of time thinking about next weekend.  Next weekend I will be left alone at home to patch, sand, paint, and stain my way to a completely finished dining room and kitchen.  It's probably too ambitious to think I might get to the living room too, but that would be quite awesome.  And all of the painting had me thinking about the color palette for this house.  I don't want to spend my entire weekend contemplating colors in the paint swatch aisle of my local home improvement store - I'd never get anything done.

So here's what I have so far . . . 


I've already used Behr White Truffle for our master bedroom.  And all of the existing wood trim upstairs has or will get a coat (ok, several coats) of Behr White Fur.  We don't have many doors on our first floor - only exterior doors.  All of the upstairs bedroom, bathroom, and closet doors are Benjamin Moore's Midsummers Night color matched in Valspar.  And then, we picked Valspar Winter in Paris for the bathroom before we knew that we would be renovating it as well.  I think we'll stick with it for now.

I think that using White Truffle for the kitchen and dining room makes a lot of sense.  It will keep the space really light and neutral, especially since the minty backsplash is already providing a nice dose of color.  I'm not sure if I want to go so far as to paint the inside of the exterior doors in Midsummer Night on the first floor.  I'm leaning more toward painting them in the White Fur trim color.  Most of the trim on the first floor is unpainted and I plan to keep it that way.  I want to strip the old, crackled varnish off  most of it and re-stain and seal with Minwax Polyshades, a stain and polyurethane in one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...