Tuesday, January 21, 2014

back together again


My not-a-mom long weekend has officially come to an end.  My husband and daughter are now home and we slid right back into our routine this morning with breakfast, dawdling, and a rush to shower, dress and get her off to school.  It's always a rush around here.

I rushed to get the dining room back to a usable condition on Monday afternoon before they both returned too.  I successfully got the dining room and kitchen painting while they were away.  I also stripped, sanded, and re-stained the wood trim around the opening from the living room to the dining room.  There are still paint touch-ups to be made, the side door to be painted, and more wood trim to refinish, but it's livable.
  


I learned that I am a perfectionist to a fault when it comes to painting.  I learned that this is not a good quality when painting an old house with old plaster walls with loads of imperfections.  I spent two full days just prepping the walls to be painted!  And even after I had painted, I went back and re-spackled a few areas to get them just right.  But the paint job is still far from what I would call perfect.  At some point during the weekend I had to remind myself that I was never going to achieve perfect with an imperfect canvas, and so I settled for DONE in the best way possible.  Perhaps this should be my motto for 2014!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I asked for it for Christmas - the Case Study Planter by Modernica!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...