Friday, November 1, 2013

the toddler backpack

If you happen to be a FB friend, you'll recall seeing this status update last week:

I thought I was on the hunt for a purple backpack but the specifications seem to keep changing with every one I find - now she wants a pink-purple fancy nancy backpack. I'm about 100% sure that does not exist.

And if you were curious, my lovely sister found this exact backpack online (I hate you Google).  Go ahead, Google it.  There's no way I'm going to give you a link to it here.  It has got to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen.  Yes, I am being overly dramatic but it is quite difficult to be a parent who appreciates good design when your child is bombarded with this stuff.  I'm not that bad of a parent - I will show it to her and if she wants it, I won't deny her.  But I'd also like to present some other, more design conscious, options to her as well.  Let's see if she carries the family "design" gene.  At two years old.  If it's not there yet, I'm sure it will rear it's aesthetically pleasing head eventually.


Red Polka Dot Kids Heritage Backpack, Herschel Supply Co.
7 Butterfly Backpack, Dwell Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...