Monday, June 9, 2014

graduation!


I cannot believe that Ted is finished with law school.  I turned to him in the car on the way to the ceremony and asked him what we were supposed to do now.  We've become so used to this life of ours - he wandering in and out throughout the week and working into the wee hours of the night, and me trying to take care of as much as I can by myself and watching TV alone on the sofa at night.  There are some things I will miss.  I will miss his ability to be home during the week, even if he's not really here.  I will miss getting to watch whatever I want to on TV.  But there is so much more I won't miss - the constant studying, the inconsistent schedule, the wasted weekends he would have to spend reading, or writing, or studying.

When we began this adventure three years ago, I pointed out that when he walked across that stage during graduation, we would have a walking, talking (almost) three-year-old.  We couldn't imagine then and we can hardly believe it now.  Ella was his biggest cheerleader at the ceremony, sporting her Michigan cap and shaking her maize and blue pom pom (never used to root for UofM at a sporting event, promise)!  She was so proud of her daddy that, as we sat in the balcony listening to all of the speakers and watching all of the processions, she exclaimed numerous times, "I love my daddy," and "My daddy is graduating."  Thankfully all of our auditorium neighbors also thought she was the cutest thing around and got such a kick out of her enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...