Wednesday, February 12, 2014

dining room: hanging stuff

Now that the dining room walls are painted I've been thinking about hanging something on them.  I mean, why else do you paint a room off-white?  The only problem, I don't have much of a budget for new frames and art.  Thankfully, I've got a stash of things that I either haven't been able to find a place for in this house or took down from the original room before construction.  It's a pretty random collection of things but, I'm in a use-what-you've-got mode for this house.
 

I thought about winging the placement of all the frames once I had them all laid out on the dining room table, but decided against it last minute.  I dug a large cardboard box out of the basement, cut it open, and traced all of the frames onto it, then cut all the shapes out.  I then used painters tape to arrange them on the wall.  I remembered to move the plant back into place because I didn't want it to interfere with any of the frames.


I think that it would be fun to cover this wall with frames, art, and family photos.  There are a few more things that I already have that I'd like to add to the wall that didn't make it up in the first installation, largely because there didn't seem to be a good place for them without some additional frames (that I will have to purchase - I'm thinking a trip to the thrift store might be in order).  I also have a few little canvases in the mix that I have plans for but need to find the time to actually complete.  But for now, our walls don't seem so bare and I get to enjoy some of my favorite photos and art.  The painting on top was a gift from Ella to us for Christmas that she made at school!  I cried when I opened it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...