Tuesday, December 17, 2013

this weekend: white christmas

Ella and I took a quick trip to Chicago at the end of last week to visit family.  My husband has been busy studying for his final exams and, with the kitchen still unusable, I decided a little trip was just the thing to keep me from bubbling over with stress.  We made sure to hit up the Shedd Aquarium, one of my favorite places in Chi-town, and throw our hands in the air and wave 'em like we just don't care by the lake before we left to beat the snowstorm home.



On Friday, we enjoyed the crazy snowfall, heading outside early to shovel.  And since that morning, Ella has been asking if she can walk in the snow every time we go out of the house.  I had  thought that asking for snow boots for Christmas would work out since last year we barely saw a flake before January.  Obviously, that plan hasn't worked out.


But Sunday was the highlight of our entire weekend!  A few weeks ago I was reading one of my go-to blogs, Mom Explores Michigan.  She helpfully compiled a great list of holiday events and activities in and around Ann Arbor, and while reading through them, I was immediately taken with the idea of a Christmas train ride.  Ella loves trains (right now) and I thought it would be the perfect Christmas surprise for her.  As expected, she loved the ride, so much she asked to go again.  She even survived her first visit with Santa Claus.  And had it not been so bone-chilling cold, we might have stayed longer to stroll through the entirety of the lighted village.  It was super pretty.  

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...