Friday, October 25, 2013

mid-century shadiness

I picked up this lamp shade at Target earlier this week.  Yay or nay?  I like the color - a greyish brown - but I'm not sure about the proportions.  The shade hides much of the wood piece at the top of the lamp base.  This might be simply solved with a new, longer harp.


It's amazing what a little lamp can do for a console, anyway.  I feel like it really helped to make the surface not feel so empty.  But now, it's time to pack it up!  We just got word yesterday that our contractors are ready to get moving on the kitchen right away.  Only two weeks ahead of schedule!!  I can't remember the last time I met a contractor ready to start a project ahead of schedule.  No arguing here.  Let demolition commence . . .


We'll pick this whole dining room project back up in, oh, about five weeks.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...