Thursday, May 9, 2013

color my world {yellow}

I love doing these posts once a month!  It's like a treasure hunt for me - being inspired first, by an image or product, and then trying to find other amazing items to fill out the board.  This month, I was drawn to the color yellow.  I was hooked when I spotted this bench in the Crate & Barrel catalog months ago and have been keeping my eyes open since for all things yellow.

Here are a few of my favorite {yellow} things:

1_American Nail Plate Mini Wall Sconce, Lighting Universe  I found this outdoor wall sconce about a month ago when I started thinking about easy and affordable ways to give our porch a little facelift.  Our house is grey and I thought the pop of yellow would be a good complement. I love this simple fixture and it comes in nine other colors!

2_Salt Water Sandal by Hoy Shoes, Zappos  I've been obsessing over these sandals since Ella started walking.  They are classics and will never go out of style.  But I'm sure that, by the end of this summer, they will be so worn out I'll probably have to get my next daughter a pair of her own.

3_Nate Berkus Topanga Beach Towel, Target  I think we only have one beach towel in our house, so I wouldn't mind adding a few of these to our non-existent collection.  

4_Sewing Basket with Handles, Connected Fair Trade  I'm thinking this would be perfect for the farmer's market, or anywhere really.

5_Landscape Collection Hang Pot, Wallter  I've been collecting images of great hanging planters with the intention of purchasing one to fill a corner of our master bedroom, and I love the modern simplicity of this one.  Maybe the yellow one would look great on our porch with the Mini Wall Sconce.

6_Bright Shapes Melamine Serveware, West Elm  The graphic patterns and prints this season, and in the recent past are, in my opinion, fantastic and the pattern on this serving plate doesn't disappoint.  

7_Smile A3 Yellow by Seventy Tree, Etsy  I love this print and, if I had a foyer painted all in white, this would most certainly be hanging on the wall as a cheery reminder.

8_Yellow Watering Can, Crate and Barrel  Now this gets me excited about gardening and might actually motivate me to keep my plants alive.

9_Sonny Yellow Bench, Crate and Barrel  The bench that started it all!  This would definitely grace my all white non-existent foyer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...