Pardon the serious lack of blog posts last week, but it was for good reason. Besides the birthday excuse, I have been very busy working on, well . . . work! Today I'm excited to share a little more of the nursery project I've been trying to pull together. The client had already chosen the bedding (this one for a girl), and wanted a room where the foundation pieces could easily be adapted for a more masculine child's room in the future (if needed).
The room is located in an attic-type space where the ceilings are sloped to the exterior walls of the room and, because of this, the room itself already feels quite cozy. So it seemed the perfect space to introduce a heavily neutral palette, to create a light and open feel, and to allow for easy conversion down the road.
- West Elm Tripod Wood Floor Lamp
- Restoration Hardware Tailored Track Arm Swivel Glider in White Brushed Cotton with Toast Trim
- Urban Outfitters Magical Thinking Woven Wall Mirrors
- IKEA Lack Wall Shelf in Birch Effect
- Urban Outfitters Magical Thinking Embroidered Diamond Curtain
- Serena & Lily Rope Rug, 5x7
- Serena & Lily Shell Trellis Crib Sheet
- Serena & Lily Lola Crib Bedding
- Oilo Band Pillow in Blush
- Land of Nod Streets of Paree Buildings Throw Pillow
- Serena & Lily Wayne Pate Seagull Pillow Cover
- Land of Nod Ribbon Throw Pillow
- Land of Nod Head in the Clouds Pillow
- PB Teen Cushy Lounge Ottoman Cushion in Cement Faux Suede
- Pottery Barn Kids Kendall Low-Profile Crib in White
- Land of Nod Charming Hamper in Herringbone/Pink
I am still working on collecting art and photos for a small gallery wall for the space above the crib and picking a color for the existing cabinet to be painted. Perhaps something bright - teal? green? Any suggestions? Right now the room seems a bit matchy matchy for my tastes so a great color surprise might add just the right finishing touch.